Monday, July 12, 2010

Holy cow - I just tried to update from my iPhone and there was just a mess of a bunch of little posts all over the place OY!!! What a mess,
... So what I was trying to say via my phone through text messages was that I can't update much now, I am unable to sit up....I haven't been able to sit up to use my laptop, so my communicating has been through my iPhone or G's iPad....but those tiny keypads often drive me CRAZY...in order to type up a lot I need a keyboard that isn't ideal for ferret paws!!

Now if you are wondering why I am laying down ALL of the time, about 2 weeks ago I had my spine fused. When I get on my MacBook I'll tell you about my surgery, which I find fascinating - there's a lot of titanium and I am convinced that there is some kryptonite in there somewhere. I am flat on my back for 6 weeks - with shuffling to the bathroom to pee or shower as the only time I'm allowed up. I do need to shuffle -slowly -to Dr. Eule's office tomorrow for my first post op appointment. My recovery is going well, I was out of the hospital in 3 days, instead of the anticipated 7 :) I cannot twist, bend, lift anything, put my hands above my head etc etc for quite some time. I will start physical therapy (torture) at 3 months post-op, but I am determined!! I would like to get back to being myself and I know my kids would love to have me back it as well.

Our neighbor, Lisa* who is amazing* has fed our family....George works long hours in the summer - if it weren't for Lisa, the babies wouldn't be eating...and our very close friend, Ruth...who brought by a ton of food and homemade caramels -which were like eating a little bit of heaven sprinkled with unicorn dust - oh yes, my friends, they ARE that good.

The next day The kids tell me Lisa is out front mowing and making our lawn gorgeous. My mom drove in to buy the babies milk and groceries and pick up my pain meds.... Today she drove in to take Shawn to his appointment with Dr.Scott Wellmann for check up and echo. Shawn's heart looks awesome and he is doing wonderful. He had.a biopsy 3 weeks ago which was 1a (just a teeny bit of rejection), so our Shawn is incredible.

That's about it for now , all of you here in Alaska...go climb stuff, or catch a few fish for me :)

We all hope that you and yours are happy and healthy::)

Hugs and love from the master bedroom,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love, love, love hearing from you. I may not respond to all messages, but I do read every single one of them, and we love them...thank you for all the messages over the years!